The Entityhub Linking Engine: Linking NLP processed Text with Vocabularies managed by the Stanbol Entityhub
The EntityhubLinkingEngine is the successor of the KeywordLinkingEngine. It is based on the EntityLinkingEngine configured with an EntitySearcher that can link Entities managed by either the Entityhub, ReferencedSites as well as ManagedSites. The EntityhubLinkingEngine does not implement the EnhancementEngine interface itself. It only configures an instance of the EntityLinkingEngine.
For a detailed documentation of the linking process please see the documentation of the EntityLinkingEngine. This document only focuses on the configuration and the usage of this Engine.
The configuration of the EntityhubLinkingEngine supports the following options. First it allows to configure the two properties common to all enhancement engines
- Name (stanbol.enhancer.engine.name): The name of the Enhancement Engine. This name is used to refer an EnhancementEngine in EnhancementChains
- ServiceRankging (service.ranking): In case multiple enhancement engines do use the same name, than only the one with the higher ranking will get uses.
Next it allows to configure the used Entityhub Site
- Referenced Site (enhancer.engines.linking.entityhub.siteId): The name of the ReferencedSite of the Stanbol Entityhub that holds the controlled vocabulary to be used for extracting Entities. "entityhub" or "local" can be used to extract Entities managed directly by the Entityhub.
Finally it supports all configuration options supported by the EntityLinkingEngine.
- Text Processing Configuration: This defines what languages are enabled and is also used to configure how NLP processing results are used by the Engine
- Entity Linking Configuration: This defines how entity are searched in the vocabulary and search results are matched with the text. It also allows to configure 'dc:type's for created 'fise:TextAnnotation's and if entity information are included in the enhancement results or not.
The following screenshot shows the configuration dialog of the EntityhubLinkingEngine as shown when using the Apache Felix Webconsole for its configuration. However users need to know that this dialog only provides a limited set of configuration options. Other supported configuration options can only be configured by directly using OSGI "*.config" files.